Are you a real estate agent who is frustrated by any of these things:
- wasting your advertising budget marketing listings that don’t show well
- asking disgruntled home owners to take price cuts
- losing listings because they expired
- finding the excitement to sell vacant property that looks drab and boring
- struggling to describe to potential buyers how to use unique layouts
- knowing a listing doesn’t have the right feel without being able to put your finger on what it needs
- photographing homes that are not properly prepared
- spending too much precious time and energy helping homeowners get their homes ready to show?
Do you worry that commenting on your client’s decor or maintenance could cost you a listing? Let a home stager deliver the bad news. Often home owners seem to act on advice more readily when it comes from an independent third party such as a home staging expert. Stagers can often convince homeowners to make changes by explaining the reason they are necessary from buyers’ viewpoint. Let the stager be your ally in getting your home owners to remove pets, change dated decor or deal with bad odours. Certified Canadian Staging Professional(TM) stagers are trained to handle these, and many other sticky issues with tact.
Do you ever feel it’s no use telling your clients to make changes because you know they can’t do it on their own. Home stagers can turn the situation around by providing your clients with the help they need. Stagers also have a trusted list of tradespersons to refer to the clients and even discounts on necessary supplies and services. They can even step in and oversee the whole staging project on the homeowners behalf.
Wouldn’t you like to get consistently higher prices for your listings and avoid price cuts? After all, every price cut lowers your commission too! Staging always costs less than a typical price reduction. Make more money, faster by consistently recommending staging to all your clients. Staged homes sell in half the time and for nearly 5% more, on average than unstaged. Agents surveyed estimated that modest investments in staging return 586%.
Wouldn’t it be great to save your advertising budget and making selling easier at the same time. Try substituting some of your advertising costs with a staging consultation for each listing. When homes sell in half the time, your media advertising for the home only needs to run half as long.
Are you searching for something to give you a competitive advantage in listing bids? Position yourself as knowlegable and forward thinking by offering staging services. Show that you are serious about doing whatever it takes to get the best price and the fastest sale. But don’t get bogged down in helping clients work on their homes. When you have a CSP(TM) on your team, you can focus your valuable time on selling and let your stager make sure the home is ready to put it’s best foot forward.
Do you wish it was easier to meet new potential clients, get repeat business, referrals and testimonials? Staged listings draw more traffic because they have the greatest possible appeal to the widest group of potential buyers — and those buyers are often potential clients, too. When your staged listings sell faster and for more, your clients will be ecstatic. Happy clients give more repeat business and referrals. That helps you grow your business.
Perhaps you have hesitated to use staging because you:
- thought it must be very expensive
- thought it was just for high end homes
- thought it’s just for big city properties
- weren’t sure if it would help
- believed it deceives buyers
- didn’t want to delay getting the listing on the market
- didn’t know how to explain it to your client without offending them
- didn’t know much about staging.
You probably would have used staging if you had known:
- ContactStaging consultations with verbal reports usually start under $200 and most quotations are free.
- Average priced homes are the ones which benefit the most from staging.
- Small town family homes need staging just as much as big city lofts.
- Staging has been proven to speed the sale and increase the selling price on most accurately priced homes.
- Staging accentuates the positives, illustrates potential and encourages homeowners to address problems so their home will be move-in ready.
- Usually staging and most preparations can be accomplished in a day or two to meet tight time lines.
- Offering all clients a staging consultation will be seen as your pro-active way of doing business, not as personal criticism.
- Your local Canadian Staging Professional® will be happy to answer your questions about staging and show you before and after pictures of staged homes.
Now that you know, visit the Certified Canadian Staging Professional® website to find a CCSP® in your area.
Author, Martha Stanton-Smith, owner of Rearrangements, is a Certified Canadian Staging Professional who helps serious home sellers in Kingston, Ontario get full worth for their homes. She completed her staging training in 2006. Contact her now.