Once you’ve put your home up for sale, here are ten good reasons why you might want it sold quickly.
- To avoid a long commute to your new job or having to split the family.
- So you can get the kids moved before the new school term starts.
- So you won’t lose the new house you have your heart set on (and maybe have already purchased conditional on sale of your present home.)
- You can’t afford two mortgages.
- So rising interest rates won’t erode your home buying power or rising prices won’t diminish your choices for a new home.
- As an investor, you know holding costs cut your profits.
- Health, financial, personal or emotional reasons make a fast sale imperative.
- You need to access the equity from your home quickly and cannot or do not want to borrow against it.
- You are tired of the stress of keeping your home in showing ready condition and the disruptions of leaving on short notice for showings.
- Because it’s been proven that the longer a house sits on the market, the less likely it will sell for asking price anyway.
Along with appropriate pricing and marketing strategies, staging your home helps sell it as fast as possible.
Author, Martha Stanton-Smith, owner of Rearrangements, is a Certified Canadian Staging Professional who helps serious home sellers in Kingston, Ontario get full worth for their homes. She completed her staging training in 2006. Visit her profile here: